Makerspaces

Makerspaces

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Enrique's Final Reflection: Q4

Enrique's Final Reflection: Q4

 

 

Backward Reflection 

     This quarter, my main goal was to help Matthew make the server. I wanted to learn how to properly use the Raspberry Pi and how it worked. I also wanted to learn how servers worked and how to use them. I also wanted to learn some more advanced HTML, and design the theme of the website with Matthew. My strategy was to make the server first, and then have Matthew lead the HTML programming while I assisted him. 

Self-Reflection 

   The assignment did not turn out the way I wanted. At all. The server was completed, and the theme was ready for testing and debugging. We decided to back up the whole Pi to keep the server from being breaking after how far we got. Ironically, when we backed it up we ended up corrupting the SD card. After trying to rescue the files, we arrived at the conclusion that the card was done for good. We were never able to finish it.
     Regardless, I achieved most of my goals. I learned a lot about how to use the Raspberry Pi, and some CSS as well. I learned how to use the Ghost blogging platform, and how to set up a server on the Raspberry Pi. In the end, I give myself an "A" for effort, and learning, which was my original goal. 

Forwards Reflection

     If I had to do this project again, I would back up the Pi correctly. PLEASE, if you are reading this and are planning on using a Raspberry Pi for a project of this caliber, learn how to avoid SD card corruption. I would be more careful next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment